Forum tip: Using a smartphone? The forum is optimised for smartphone use. Sign in using www.bangthebore.org/borum and click 'discussions' on the top left.
SEX CONFERENCE II - this time its on the moon
  • _ch__ch_
    oh lordy
    santa will kill me

THERES A THIRD

(a third so great that it doesn't even exist on youtube...! :-O)

martin carthy - on christmas day it happened so
    (from the waterson carthy xmas album)
  • expexp
    Do a Google search for Stephen Grasso's blog, Clean Living in Difficult Circumstances. He did a Voodoo-themed Christmas compilation last year that has to be heard to be believed. I think, from memory, he may have posted YouTube clips for all the tunes, a kind of musical advent calendar last December. Might ask him if we can webcast it.
  • expexp
    Lightning response from Mr. Grasso. Our front page will be hosting his Christmas comp as a webcast from 1st December onwards!
  • KNICKERS
    I seem to have the 'conjure people to contribute cool stuff' box de-selected in my admin powers. No fair.
  • _ch__ch_
    did you REALLY think carey would stoop as low as us..?
    ;-)
  • Xmas songs are great.

Hackneyed as it is, that Low record is good, Fahey's christmas album Jansch's Bleak Midwinter, Cherry Tree Carol, amateurs singing trad carols. Loads of Xmas music is amazing. But then I really like Christmas.

I was just listening to this after I heard he died (sad) and it made me think Reichel should definitely have done a Christmas record. This is a Christmas sonority if ever I heard one.

What a genius. Also invented the ridiculously fruity Daxophone

That's all bowed wood gentlemen.

And next time you go in Morrisons and see a promotional banner, that's his font.

(*cough* also Tory Party rebranding font *cough*)
  • KNICKERS
    Religious festivals I like: Eid ul-Fitr, Purim, Diwali, Easter (obvs).

Regardless of that, it's important for me to remember the following sage advice:

• _ch__ch_
    oh my

(thanks rrron)
  • expexp
    SandorKrasna, while missing the point of a topic that recycles the crap of the internet, has made me obsessed with Hans Reichel. So good work and bad work simultaneously.
  • expexp
    Infinite Hulk Hogan:

https://

• MXLX
    Kev - I'm with you for the majority of the shreds stuff, I heard the Radiohead Jools Holland one, and thought it sounded like an even more awesome US Maple track, that riff all disjointed was sickickickick - I like the KISS one because it's just all mis-lipread lyrics, and that makes my laughgland swell.
  • KNICKERS
    I think I said elsewhere on this forum that the Who one sounds for all the world like Purple Trap (Haino/ Laswell/ Ali). As is probably quite boring to hear now, I really, really like Haino.
  • _ch__ch_
    hey forgot this old fave...

• In response to the Rebecca Black and Nyan Cat videos on page 1. ♥
  • _ch__ch_
    not safe for work, not safe for ANYTHING

http://jtebaise.tumblr.com/
  • _ch__ch_
    oh lord.
    amazing.

• KNICKERS
    Phenomenal - reminded me of these:

• MXLX
    BASSHUNTER! YES!
    WRONG BLOG! YES!
    I VOW I MUST I MUST I MUST LEARN HOW TO PLAY NYAN CAT ON PIANO! PYAN CAT!
  • _ch__ch_
    i am down with this repping of locality:

• KNICKERS

So many awesomes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion