Forum tip: Using a smartphone? The forum is optimised for smartphone use. Sign in using www.bangthebore.org/borum and click 'discussions' on the top left.
New releases on LF Records
  • dsicdsic
    LF records is impossible to find editions of extreme noise, horror drone, digital scum, dirt jizz-skronk & field recording weirdness. Coming out of Bristol, UK

http://lfrecords.autmusic.com

THOUGHT FORMS
    Sorry I Forgot (C40 Cassette)

Lots of bands have laid false claim to the lineage of the Bristol 1990’s psychedelic spacerock axis (FSA/Cresent/Third Eye Foundation) over the years. In my mind though, the only group in round these parts who can convincingly carry that flag and set fuck-you fireball to it are three young South-West scamps calling themselves Thought Forms. I could ruin yer minute by throwing round a bunch of other antecedents whose long running history of guitar abuse is well documented, but it wouldn’t really aid to capture the heat-bliss of Though Forms attack (catch them live and you’ll see what I mean).
    “Sorry I Forgot” is two sides of our trio plowing a rural idyll through a landscape of feedback, strings and ghost axe. This is wave harmonics, a plane where the voice lives as distinct entity from body/soul – the guitar eminates from earth-core, each successive chord raises the archeological layer ten foot higher. All that said, these tracks have a real lightness of bearing too, revealing distant vistas in opaque light and shadow geographies. The drone here never strays into the oppressive & dour, nor is it repressed - it's free and freeform and joyous.
    Though Forms have an LP out on Invada Records later in the summer that will no-doubt melt your shoes, but this tape will ease your woes in the meantime. C40 azure-blue cassette with hand painted labels, slip-case, run limited to 60 copies. Thought Forms are Charlie Romijn, Deej Dhariwal and Guy Metcalfe.

Please note slightly higher price of £5 (worldwide postage included) for this cassette - it's pro-duped and printed.

AUT
    Heterodoxies I (Booze Hound) - (CDR)

Straight to tape minimal electronics from Aut, first new recordings in over a decade. Pulse synthetics, drunken master vibes. Holy hiss, no fidelity electronics and sine-wave rhythm manipulation. Beats the heck out of living sober. Woozy rider-gang photocopied art sleeves too.

£4 Postage Paid to autmusic[at]hotmail[dot]com

or Purchase via http://lfrecords.autmusic.com/releases.htm

COMING UP: dsic CDR, Seth Cooke CDR, Sindre Bjerga 3" CDR
  • dsicdsic
    NEW NOW!

DSIC
    Public Benefits, Private Vices (CDR)

Brute bone-scraper scare tactics. Stuck in a pit with wild and vicious animals, and the gates have closed. You are now seperate from humanity, cast adrift. Single CDR, spraypaint and sawdust style.

£4 Postage Paid to autmusic[at]hotmail[dot]com

or Purchase via http://lfrecords.autmusic.com/releases.htm

COMING UP: Seth Cooke CDR, Sindre Bjerga 3" CDR, Stuart Chalmers CDR, Mouth Worker cassette.
  • expexp
    Yummy. I'll be doing this.
  • Sean
    You could have warned us about DSIC. My ears are still ringing.

Oh hang on..."brute bone-scraper scare tactics...". Fair enough.
  • dsicdsic
    NEW AND SUPER LIMITED

MOUTH WORKER (C30 Cassette)

Water-mark of low culture in a pit of cess. Mouth Worker is hand melded electronics/synth with lack of oxygen and good science. Violent counter-revolutionary action, or dreams of... Ah... he said the dream was here - welcome to the null and void, life is the creeping disease.

Edition of 10 copies, gold n' brown.

Sounds and purchase (£4 worldwide) http://lfrecords.autmusic.com/releases.htm

COMING UP: Seth Cooke CDR, Sindre Bjerga 3" CDR, Stuart Chalmers CDR
  • dsicdsic
    any way to change the title of this thread? dont want to spam a new thread with each new release but keep this one a running tally of dour mechandise.
  • expexp
    How's that?
  • dsicdsic
    yer rule!
  • _ch__ch_
    erg, this is bad timing
    i just spent way too much on stuff what i shouldn't.

but i shall starve before i miss out on the COOKE release
    :-)
  • expexp
    I sent the wav to the dude behind Impulsive Habitat and (t)he(y) featured it on their last radio show. You can get a taster here: http://thefieldreporterradio2.bandcamp.com/track/the-field-reporter-radio-13
  • dsicdsic
    _ch_ said:

erg, this is bad timing

always open to swapsies!
  • dsicdsic
    Seth said:

I sent the wav to the dude behind Impulsive Habitat and (t)he(y) featured it on their last radio show. You can get a taster here: http://thefieldreporterradio2.bandcamp.com/track/the-field-reporter-radio-13

awesome... cover art at joinedbyduplication co this week, so this will be available VERY soon :-)
  • expexp
    Sweet. Apparently there's a few people who heard the webcast who want a copy. Although you can probably divide that few by three to come up with an accurate representation.
  • I need Seth's disc.
  • Kevin Sanders said: I need Seth's disc.

I think I might too....

• _ch__ch_
    dsic said:

_ch_ said:

erg, this is bad timing

always open to swapsies!

i have a batch of newness in preparation!
  • dsicdsic
    FILL YOUR PANTYHOSE FOR XMAS...

http://lfrecords.autmusic.com
    ---

LF028 - SETH COOKE - PNEUMA (CDR)

We're thrilled here at LF to present a this major statement from one of the hardest working free-thinking musical bods we know. Seth's been involved with so much good sound'n'word juice over the years - as one of the lead organisers of the Bang The Bore collective/magazine, as a killer skins man for Bristol/Southhampton noise thuggee unit Hunting Lodge, as a glossolalic gun for Northern weird jammer groups like A Band and Ashtray Navigations, as the hammer man for mondo duo Defibrillators... or just as a dude with an ear/brain keen as knife. So...

"Workmen spent eighteen months renovating the basement flat beneath our home in Leeds. During that time they made a hell of a racket (I could stomach the tools; less so the shouting); managed to both flood the basement flat and spin it into a racial tirade against the owner of the outlet that sold them the part; urinate in our garden, in broad daylight, despite the working toilet they’d installed; block our driveway; and blame the global financial crisis exclusively on Jewish bankers. Pneuma is my attempt to alchemically transmute the experience into gold, of a sort – the pneumatic drill featured throughout was recorded during the ordeal." - Seth Cooke

Limited zone as always, don't snooze, don't lose. £4 WW POSTAGE INC.

----

LF030 - SINDRE BJERGA - BLACK PAPER WINGS (Mini CDR)

What the hell is in the glacier water up in those northern climes? These Norsemen have been mining this strange aural goo for so long it’s encoded itself virus-like into the collective genepool. Good thing too - Sindre Bjerga is an old hat and pro-stylist is what I’ll grasp feebly at describing as the ‘free drone continuum’. This ain’t no hippy dippy head-nodder though – Black Paper Wings is a straight to tape live document of some pretty serious scrying of deeply occulted noise. This blaster trades in a mix of synth drone/feedback, infant demon-spawn, grave-voice and bronze figurine scraping. It’s the kind of creeped psychosis that’ll unwind your nerve-endings – it left me in a drooling regressed state for hours afterwards, and pretty sure did me some serious noggin damage.

All the best brave traveller. Mini-CDR, and the void. £3 WW POSTAGE INC.

---

In days - STUART CHALMERS "Daydream Empire" CDR
    In time - Ian Watson CDR, Sixteen Fingers "Glooms Vol. 1" CDR
  • dsicdsic
    if you're of that persuasion, join us on the facebooks at this snappy address

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167483563323674/
  • expexp
    Thanks Greg. I was going to bump this today but ran out of time.

My release on LF coincides with me finally making a website to give a decent frame for my music. Feel free to browse or download at http://sethcooke.eu
  • _ch__ch_
    in like micky flynn

mr cooke's description is pure gold too
    :-D
  • Received disc's and excellent they are too. Seth's is just EPIC. Fabulous work all round. Ta Greg!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged