Forum tip: Using a smartphone? The forum is optimised for smartphone use. Sign in using www.bangthebore.org/borum and click 'discussions' on the top left.
MAGGIORE, BENNETT & PRADO, MY TAPE ARCHIVE ATTACKED BY WOLVES. KINO MARCH 4TH
  • imageimage

THIS WILL BE GOOD

More info to come.
  • Tonight.

Bennett and Prado will now be 100% modular synth.
    If you love modular synths and hate PCs and styluses this is your lucky day.

xXaℕÅℒøℊXxX℉Øℜ℈℣ℇℝXx*

(* a couple of the main components of Miguel's synth are digital.)
  • dsicdsic
    I love PC's and hate synths but i'll make an exception for you lads.

...i don't really hate synths
  • dsic said:

...i don't really hate synths

We'll try to fix that.
  • Twas fun. Thanks all who came.
  • dsicdsic
    great set guys. Maggiore also amazing, though needed more volume due to sound bleed from Simon and Garfunkel trax!
  • Ta man.
    Yeah, the twitchy transparency that made Luciano's set nice also made it a bit of a hostage to its surroundings.

I love Kino for a lot of things, and it'd be my first choice for 60%+ of these events just for friendlyness, atmosphere and food. But it is *terrible* for music that's transparent or quiet.
    Shame about the Cube being so difficult to book at, and the 'fini having gone into lockdown...
  • dsicdsic
    whats up with Arnolfini - no more music?
  • Lost a lot of funding. Old curators left, entire autumn/winter music program last year got cancelled. Not sure what's going on now.
  • expexp
    I had no response from the 'Fini to my most recent soundings. Maybe my pitch was shit.

I think I'd quite like to find a new venue though. I love Kino, but the sound system is bad and the overspill really limits what we can do.
  • They're pretty slow at getting back - monthly planning meetings I think, so I wouldn't completely rule it out yet.
    Who'd you email?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion