Forum tip: Using a smartphone? The forum is optimised for smartphone use. Sign in using www.bangthebore.org/borum and click 'discussions' on the top left.
SEX CONFERENCE II - this time its on the moon
  • _ch__ch_
    a quick history lesson
    i post on southcoasthq forum, which is centred around the southampton hardcore scene.
    this forum is about to die, for various reasons.
    on said forum, in a fit of boredom, i started a thread called "SEX CONFERENCE" which documented stupidity and the bizarre. it grew to about 13 pages of insanity.
    yes, it is puerile.
    yes, it is childish
    but yes, it is also a place to amuse and astound.

onwards.
  • _ch__ch_
    let us start with my newest joy:

if 1:14 doesn't fill you with joy, you are barely human.

wonderful.
  • KNICKERS
    Dagger fi dem.

Knife Hands

Avril Lavigne singing in Chinese

YOU'RE A BAD PERSON FOR STARTING THIS THREAD, MR P.

• _ch__ch_
    yr right.

its important that we exercise our freedom with corresponding responsibility...
    so i shall post here infrequently.

but i can't let today pass without an old classic just for exp...

• expexp
    I'll be waiting with bated breath until Friday, the next time I'll have proper unrestricted access to teh internets.
  • KNICKERS

[I'll warn you now, I have A LOT of shred videos in my favourites]
  • _ch__ch_
    i was hoping you meant this kind of thing....

• KNICKERS
    That whole series is kind of brilliant, except it's a moment where I go 'but that sounds loads better' and feel a bit like a proper muso wanker.

If you can ignore the fact the following sounds like turd, it's great:

• _ch__ch_
    Kev said: That whole series is kind of brilliant, except it's a moment where I go 'but that sounds loads better' and feel a bit like a proper muso wanker.

its true tho, i'd love to be in a band that sounds like this:

• KNICKERS
    You should probably check out Haino/ Ali/ Laswell as Purple Trap - the above is alarmingly close to that. Let me know if you want me to 'legally acquire' you one via filesharing networks.
  • _ch__ch_
    just previewed a few tracks, and yr right!
    ha
    tho haino won't give me those beautiful low vocals will he...?

remember seeing laswell with zorn/frith/LOMBARDO :-)
    and he was.....he was laswell.
    that was the problem.

:-)
  • KNICKERS
    Haino doesn't get that low on that release. I have a live solo vocal improv thing he did in France where he gets well into the growly side of things. Worryingly talented vocalist, that man.
  • expexp
    martin_p said: but i can't let today pass without an old classic just for exp...

That old classic sounds like it's voiced by Aya Hirano... which seems confirmed by the Konata/Lucky Star graphic on his bass guitar. It sounds like it's from the same soundtrack that produced this genius opening theme:

Great sitcom, that series. It's responsible for these moments of joy:

Or if you wanted to watch the lot (how much time do you have to waste?) then this wonderful philanthropist has posted the lot:

Difficult to explain some of the humour though... there's a Gainax pisstake that works on about four levels at once and a Haruhi Suzumiya parody that goes headspinningly meta. Very clever comedy writing that doesn't translate at all well outside of anime fandom. The above should be transparent enough...

• 1:43 on that Who vid is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Also... Lodge sans Chandler is a bit too much like that for comfort at times...
  • _ch__ch_
    Sandor Krasna said: 1:43 on that Who vid is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

the synth on daltrey's mic movements is a beautiful touch.

whole thing actually reminds me of US maple or something

:-D

and that i-jammer is a beautiful thing

:-) :-)
  • Duncan

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"
    width="425" height="344">
  • KNICKERS

• KNICKERS
  • expexp
    I find this almost inexplicably moving and inspiring in a way that seems directly related to its inherent cheesiness:

I suspect it might have something to do with the final episode of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, a series more potent in its ability to elevate a life from the doldrums than a weekend of one-on-one sessions with Tony Robbins.
  • KNICKERS

This is one of those 'viral' things, so it's only a matter of time before it's posted here. But it was Herr Maoivvi who alerted me to it...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion